A noun is the name of a person, place, thing or quality.
Nouns are divided into five parts:
1. Proper Nouns
2. Common Nouns
3. Collective nouns
4. Material Nouns
5. Abstract Nouns
1. A Proper Noun is the name of a particular person, place, or thing.
eg : Rosy, Sita ( person ) ; India Gate, London ( place ) ; the Hindus, the Christians ( people ); Bible, Gita, Quran (book) etc.
2. A Common Noun is a name that can be given to any person or thing of the same kind.
eg : chair, orange, door, girl, boy, table, lion, computer etc.
3. A Collective Noun is singular in form though denotes more than one.
eg :group, army, flock, class etc.
4. A Material Noun is the name of a substance
eg : gold, silver, milk, iron, water, wood etc.
5. An Abstract Noun is the name of a quality.
eg : happiness, love, truth, beauty, courage etc.