(Call to join: 9643455860, 9999947824)
Should and Must are common modal verbs that often confuse us due to slight difference in their application. So, let us understand their applications with helpful examples in easy language.
Application of Must: When we talk about something which is compulsory or obligatory (i.e absolutely necessary to obey a rule, law, order or instruction)
1. We mustn’t attend call in a meeting.
2. We mustn’t litter to keep the surroundings clean.
3. We must drink water everyday.
Application of Should: To express advice, subjective opinion or actions that are sensible or desirable.
1. We shouldn’t not talk loudly in a public space.
2. We should use biodegradable products wherever possible to save environment.
3. We should use natural resources judiciously.