Apr 142017
 
image

(Join: 9999947824) While we are mugging up different well written articles and speeches, make sure not to forget the real contribution of a good speaking activity and that is called non verbal communication.

Studies suggest that words we cram, make up just 7% of the total communication impact we create on our audience. The rest 93% covers something that is not spoken, rather it is conveyed through your body language, tone and eye contact.

So, I hope you can now understand how much percentage of effort you should give to acquire which skill. I think your answer must be that you have to give 93% to something that you have to make as a part of your trait and character. Remember you would never have more than a minute to get the audience hooked to you, so you’d better hook them right from the very first second.

There’s a very famous saying that “how something is said” is much more important than “What is said.” Means the sets of words and letters that you use to communicate with your audience are hugely incomplete unless you add a correct voice tone, body language, pauses, articulation, inflection and pitch.
If you are good at multitasking, it may be good for you most of the times, but while on the stage, before a hundred of pairs of eyes, this ability of yours may put you to shame and embarrassment. And, the worst condition comes when people take you as someone disrespecting them. And who in the world would like to be disrespected. So, the simple rule is to give yourself isolation from your online friends till you are holding the stage. No phone or other off-the-audience communication. Display a 100 % engagement with your audience. Remember, loyalty is loved by everyone.

And finally, Facial expressions save lots of words to convey the same messages. For example, to convey a surprised feeling, you simply can widen your eyes, to convey a displeasure, you can scowl and to convey an agreement, flash a smile. Also, arched eyebrows mean a question or a surprise and grimacing means your show of pain and anxiety.

So, let’s put an appropriate amount of non verbal communication to help the verbal part do its job at its best.

 Posted by at 9:13 am

Leave a Reply